Product and Business Continuous Improvement Leader
Company Name: GEMCO
Email Address: email@example.com
Purpose of Rule:
Drive Continuous Quality Improvement process to improve the safety and quality of products reducing warranty costs.
• Develop, implement, and manage warranty process with focus on product safety and quality.
• Develop partnerships with key product suppliers/manufacturers and technical managers to improve product safety and quality to reduce the warranty rates and improve service to customers.
• Leading the improvement plans with the suppliers/manufactures.
• Working with sales/marketing and technical managers implement and manage new product introduction approval process, managing the project from start to end.
• Support marketing, sales and supplier development with technical recommendations, specifications, and additional support for existing and new products as advised by Technical Managers.
• Working with Quality Manager to improve the companies PIP (Process Improvement Plan) with clear milestones working cross functionally to ensure all departments contribute, assist, and deliver improvements areas across the business.
• Ensure mechanisms are in place to drive employee involvement within continuous improvement projects and continually review their effectiveness and explore new options which link to & support the site engagement plans.
• Working with data analyst to drive Continuous Quality Improvement process by analysing & using data supplied to improve the safety and quality of products supplied into the market and support the business operational teams identifying key areas for improvement and aligning with the business PIP.
• Leading technical investigations process for both warranty and customer complaints identifying root cause, corrective and preventative action using root cause analysis and problem-solving tools (i.e. 8 D, 5 Why’s, Ishikawa Fishbone, etc).
• Manage corrective and preventive action plans ensuring actions are completed, verified, and validate.
• Assisting Quality Manager with QMS improvements and action plans.
Key Performance Indicators:
• Warranty rates
• Technical/Product complaints
• Technical continuous improvement plans
• Head of H&S and Quality Manager
Qualifications & Requirements:
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in similar role
• Ability to build credible & successful working relationships at all levels within the organisation.
• Process analysis / process engineering capabilities.
• Change management experience.
• Project leadership experience
• Experience in use of root cause analysis and problem-solving tools.
• Experience in lean enterprise process improvements tools, desirable
• Strong organisational skills
• Excellent levels of communication at all levels, both internally and externally
• Knowledge of H&S and Quality standards
• IT literacy
• Current UK driving licence and UK / EU passport and willing to travel.
• Office based in Halifax but there would be the occasional need to travel both within UK and overseas.