Service Support Manager
Company Name: Continental Automotive Trading UK Ltd
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Continental Is one of the worlds leading automotive suppliers representing brands such as VDO & Crypton. Our range includes products and services for specialist motor vehicle garages and independent garages.
As Service Support Manager you will be responsible for a team of 4 Service Desk Technicians, providing day to day guidance and support. Along with team leader duties, you will provide timely and accurate troubleshooting for hardware and software Issues across the Continental range of garage equipment to ensure customer satisfaction.
* Provide support of the team on a daily basis
* Be an escalation point for any staffing or customer queries
* Responsible for supporting all UK customers with technical and product advice in relation to the full range of garage equipment.
* Focus on quality of service & first-time fix, feedback any requirements to improve products or services.
* Produce documentation to support customer and engineers with procedures, manuals and best practice information.
* Build solid customer relationships to support increased customer satisfaction.
* Help customers troubleshoot issues they encounter while using the product and provide actionable information to resolve the problem.
* Assume remote control over customers computers to resolve problems
* Escalate difficult cases to quality or product management
* Coordinate calibration of customer equipment, ensure current service agreements are in place and that the sub-contracting of service companies is done in a timely manner.
*Where possible improve efficiency by planning work in geographic clusters.
* Coordinate the installation of all garage equipment, liaise with service engineers and customers to ensure clarity of plans.
* Ensure that all appropriate paperwork is received and stored against the customer account.
* Coordinate service engineer visits to attend faulty equipment when all other options have been exhausted.
* The ability to develop clear and logical step-by-step plans which set out what needs to happen, how, when and by whom.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & BEHAVIOURS
A Level / BTEC qualified or the equivalent working experience.
Experience working in a customer facing technical role, ideally a fast-paced support position, with proven problem solving and customer service skills.
Team Leader or Supervisor experience advantageous
Excellent communication skills, ability to be confident, patient, polite, tactful and diplomatic, when dealing with challenging situations.
Good time management skills within a high paced environment.
Legislative knowledge of DVSA requirements regarding MOT bay installations and calibrations an advantage
Ability to interpret wiring and hydraulic plans.
Customer centric approach to service and support with professional telephone manner.
WHAT WE OFFER
A competitive salary package with annual “Value Sharing Bonus” paid to all employees.
A generous contributory pension scheme.
Healthcare cash back scheme.
25 Days holiday
Employee discounts on Continental tyres and other products.
Death in service insurance.
On-going training and excellent personal development opportunities.