Wheel Service Product Specialist
Company Name: VSG (A Dover Company)
Email Address: Chris Thompson firstname.lastname@example.org
Vehicle Service Group is the global leader in designing and manufacturing vehicle service, collision and automotive OEM equipment. It is one of the founding companies of Dover Corporation, an eight billion dollar diversified global manufacturer. VSG consists of fifteen leading vehicle lifting brands (Rotary, Forward, Blitz, Ravaglioli etc.), collision repair (Chief), wheel services, diagnostics (Butler, Rotary, Chief and Ravaglioli) and tier-one automotive brands (WARN Automotive) with operations worldwide, including regional business operation centers and large manufacturing facilities in the U.S., Europe and Asia.
Supporting sales growth in UK and Ireland by visiting end users with distributor sales people and answering technical questions and demonstrating wheel service products.
Providing confidence to distributors in the UK and Ireland by being involved with selling, installing and providing after sales service on wheel service equipment by offering training, onsite support and telephone support.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support sales growth of VSG distributors in UK and Ireland by utilising a deep knowledge of tyre changers and wheel balancers in terms of operation, characteristics and repair
- Perform salesman and service engineers training
- Provide onsite and remote support for distributor salesman and service engineers.
- Perform product demonstrations at end user locations alongside distributors, for both traditional and top-of-the-range wheel service equipment
- Provide Product Technical support on the telephone
- Maintain Health and Safety System requirements
- Drive Product Quality improvements with suppliers
- Provide technical knowledge/reports to support the elevation of warranty concerns/ trends
- Technical Support for Distributors of wheel service products
- Comply with and support the VSG Health and Safety statements, policies and procedures
- To maintain an awareness of and to comply with the company’s Program for Legal Compliance and Corporate Responsibility
- Travel to Italy for meetings and training when required
- Travel extensively in UK and Ireland with overnight stays when necessary
- Previous experience working with vehicle wheels and tyres in a workshop environment
- Knowledge of use and maintenance of Wheel balancers and Tyre changers
- Mechanical / Electrical experience or qualifications
- Knowledge of distribution network roles and challenges
- Experience with training and remote technical support
- Demonstrable experience of written English with strong grammar and comprehension
- Demonstrable ability of numeracy with good attention to detail.
- Knowledge and demonstrable experience of using Microsoft office (e.g Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Previous experience of working with Operating procedure documentation and product/parts specification drawings
- Proven experience of resolving product related issues